Welcome to Weeks Medical Center
Our caring and compassionate staff is committed to providing the highest quality and efficient health care services to the communities of New Hampshire’s North Country. Our main hospital is located in Lancaster and we operate satellite physicians offices in the towns of Whitefield, Groveton, North Stratford and Lancaster.
National Wear Red Day, February 7th
Weeks Hospital participated in the National Wear Red Day, February 7th, to help raise awareness in the fight against heart disease in women. Heart disease is the number 1 killer of women—claiming more lives than all forms of cancer combined.
Throughout the hospital people wore red, like this group who gathered for a photo.
Some interesting facts:
- Heart disease causes 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every minute.
- 90 percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Since 1984, more women than men have died each year from heart disease and the gap between men and women’s survival continues to widen.
- The symptoms of heart disease can be different in women vs. men, and are often misunderstood.
- While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.
News from Weeks Medical Center
Read the Fall 2013 Community HealthLink newsletter
The Community HealthLink newsletter is published four times a year by Weeks Medical Center.
Visit the Newsletter Archive Page to read past issues.
For more information call 603-788-4911.
Read the January 2014 Diabetes Support Group newsletter.
The Diabetes Support Group Newsletter is published 12 times a year by Weeks Medical Center. Visit the Diabetes Newsletter Archive Page to read past issues.
For more information call 603-788-2521.